January 17, 2017

Mixed Media - LAVENDER LOVE




Hi All...........

I'm here to share a new mixed media canvas.  I fell in love with the picture I choose for this particular layout.  It was quite romantic about the scenery. I went wild and vibrant with the textures, colours and experimented with the whole project.

I used cheese cloth,tissue paper, Prima texture paste, Prima white heavy gesso, Finnabir art stones, Artanthology stone texture paste, micro beads, rhinestones, handmade flowers, spellbinders die cuts, Dustyattic jewel chippies (The original jewel chippies were used for a different project) and the negatives, which I felt were quite useful here, I had these chippies used with some embossing powders and stuck it along with the flowers and added micro glitter here and there. The main picture I stuck it in three layers to give a 3D look which has the river flowing, so that it looks as the stream is flowing down towards and stuck coordinating dragonflies and butterflies flying along with the whole layout.  This gave me an imaginary presence on the whole. It was quite romantic. Romance is not all about a male nd female holding each other.....but I felt this was quite a lovely scenetic appeal for LOVE/ROMANCE ...... its all about celebrating a feeling. What say? (LOL)!

I spread the whole layout in a manner that it looks quite natural with the centre picture coordinating with all the elements used in the project.

Enclosing more closeup shots.....





I used the cheesecloth, tissue paper, art stones, stone texture paste and colourarte's twinkling H2o's  on the canvas.











Now after I gave a neat wash of colours and started sticking my centre picture with all the required embellies.






This is Dustyattic chippy.....I used the jewel part chippy to another project and use the corner negatives here .....the S shaped curvy  joint....which I placed in the centre was cut and embossed with lavender embossing powder and stuck along with other embellishment.
                               

Below are some closeup shots....for you all to see the textures....


                   








Hope you all enjoyed this as much as I loved working on it.

I'm linking this project to the following challenges :





January 2017 Challenge







Hope you all liked what I created.....
Thank you for visiting my blog and do leave some love!

Warm hugs

Hema