January 05, 2017

Mixed Media - In Blue





Hi All.....

Today I share with you all a canvas of mixed media which I loved playing with. 

I first applied clear jesso (Prima) and brushed the whole canvas and heat set it.  Now, used the white jesso and just brushed randomly at few places and heat set it. Next I applied Distress Clear Crackle on the white jesso and let it dry.  After the crackle paste left the cracks on the jesso, I used Lindy's Bachelor Button Blue starbust spary and Carribean Flat Fbio spray for textures and blended it. Now stamped a compass clock with archival black ink and also used my script stamp and randomly stamped the canvas.  Next, I had my image ready.....gave a back support with a corrugated paper and stuck the centre image. Now I took few beads, shells, chippies all glued with 3d matt gel (Prima).  I used Spanish Moss for the natural effect and splashed few drops of the blue sprays of Lindy's on to the shells. Next I took few micro beads, glass beads and pearls mixed it with clear gel and applied it randomly on to the canvas for a deep sea look......thaaadaaaaa...I was quite happy with the whole outcome of the canvas......to finish with the final take....I applied Prima Blacck jesso with dry brush and covered the outer edges of my board.  Now finally to give a word ....I took BEAUTY as my pick and I hand wrote it with my brushpen, fussy cut and adhered it on to my canvas.  So this was a little piece of work which inspired me and I'm sharing it over here.....

Sharing few more close up pics below:







Hope you all liked my work....

Please leave some love if this art has touched you.  I'm enclosing this art to the below mentioned blogs:

Mixedmediaandart December challange

Canvascorpbrands

Alteredeclectics

Through the Craft Room Door

Createsandmakes

mmm-jan

Mixedmediamojo

Warm hugs

Hema